TITLE: WIG DRESSER
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Seasonal, Houry
SCHEDULE: Alternating Part/Full Time, start/end dates vary by production
DEPARTMENT: Hair, Wig, and Makeup
SALARY: $16.00 – $17.00 per hour
REPORTS TO: Hair, Wig, & Makeup Supervisor, Costume Director
Broadway Sacramento is committed to the presentation of quality theatrical productions to enrich the cultural life of the greater Sacramentoregion, the state of California, the United States, and the international community. The goals of the organization are to preserve and expand the American musical theatre as an art form by educating new audiences and nurturing aspiring artists.
Running and maintenance of wigs, hair and makeup during assigned productions from dress rehearsal to closing and load out.
- Cast Members
- Hair, Wig, and Makeup Supervisor
- Hair, Wig, and Makeup Designers
- Costume Director
- Sound Team
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Dress performers in wigs or hairpieces as necessary during dress rehearsals and performances.
- Perform quick changes involving any hair modification, wig changes, re-styles, and touch ups.
- Clean and maintain wigs according to information and instruction provided by the Hair, Wig, & Makeup Supervisor.
- Apply and maintain the application of any specialty makeup as determined by the Hair, Wig, & Makeup Supervisor.
- Maintain the wig room and supplies used in an orderly manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Hair, Wig, & Makeup Supervisor.
- Demonstrated hair and wig styling experience.
- Prior theatrical backstage experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in makeup application.
- Possess a strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, efficiency, multi-tasking, and ability to prioritize and self-motivate.
- Ability to take direction and see a task out to completion.
- The ability to work both independently and as a positive team member.
- Excellent communication skills and collaborative attitude.
- Remain calm under stress; deescalate when appropriate.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing priorities and timelines.
- Ability to work long shifts and overtime hours while maintaining a positive and collaborative attitude.
- Demonstrate behavior showing a commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion. Perform work in a manner that is consistent with that commitment.
- Interrupt behaviors that hinder diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Ability to work and move in dimly lit areas.
- Regularly required to stand, sit, talk, see, and hear.
- Frequently required to use repetitive hand motions and to reach and bend.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not to beconstrued as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
ABOUT BROADWAY SACRAMENTO
Broadway Sacramento is Northern California’s premiere producer and presenter of musical theatre, and the largest nonprofit musical theatre inCalifornia. Since the inception of Broadway At Music Circus in 1951 under an open-air, circus-style big top, Broadway Sacramento has grown tobecome the most successful nonprofit performing arts organization in Northern California. Between Broadway At Music Circus and Broadway On Tour, Broadway Sacramento entertains over 250,000 patrons every year.
Broadway Sacramento is committed to creating an equitable, inclusive, and accessible environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.