Title: Wig Dresser
Term of Employment: Per Agreement
Schedule: Per Season Schedule
Department: Hair, Wig & Makeup
Reports To: Hair, Wig & Makeup Supervisor
Overall Responsibility: Implement the care and use of hair, wigs, and make-up in dress rehearsals and performances.
- Dress performers in wigs or hairpieces as necessary during dress rehearsals and performances.
- Performs quick changes which involve hair modification, including wigs, re-styles, and touch ups.
- Cleans and maintains wigs according to information and instruction provided by the Hair, Wig, & Make-Up Supervisor.
- Applies and maintains the application of any specialty make-up as determined by the Hair, Wig, & Make-Up Supervisor.
- Maintains the wig room and supplies used in an orderly manner.
- Manages time in an efficient manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Hair, Wig, & Make-Up Supervisor.
- Demonstrated hair and wig styling experience.
- Prior theatrical backstage experience.
- Demonstrated experience in make-up application.
- Ability to plan ahead and anticipate potential setbacks.
- Ability to calmly and succinctly resolve conflict and crisis.
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment that requires working under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, efficiency, prioritization, and multi-tasking.
- Excellent communication skills and collaborative attitude.
- Ability to remain in a stationery position for long periods of time.
- Strong commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
If you wish to apply for this position please carefully read and follow application instructions. All documents must be in Word or PDF format. Only complete applications will be considered. No phone calls please. Seasonal positions run from May through August.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter via the form below. Deadline to apply is March 30 although you are strongly encouraged to apply ASAP as the position will fill quickly.