Title: Microphone Dresser
Term of Employment: Hourly
Schedule: Per Season Schedule
Reports to: Sound Designer
Implement the care and use of wireless microphone equipment in dress rehearsals and performances.
- Compose a microphone plot for assigned productions in collaboration with the Sound Designer and Sound Assistant.
- Prepare, dress, and maintain wireless microphones for dress rehearsals, wandelprobe, and performances.
- Assist in the creation of the sound prompt script for assigned productions.
- Collaborate with the Costume Department in devising microphone placement and protection on each performer.
- Assist fellow Microphone Dressers in making necessary modifications and adjustments to the wireless microphones as required by other productions in a given week.
- Assist with the load-in, load-out, and maintenance of the orchestra pit.
- Assist in the organization and storage of sound equipment.
- Attend all sound work calls, rehearsals, and performances of assigned production.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Sound Designer.
- Demonstrated sound operation and sound design experience.
- Prior theatrical backstage experience.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to plan ahead and anticipate potential setbacks.
- Ability to calmly and succinctly resolve conflict and crisis.
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment that requires working under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, efficiency, prioritization, and multi-tasking.
- Excellent communication skills and collaborative attitude.
- Ability to remain in a stationery position for long periods of time.
- Strong commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion. Perform work in a manner that is consistent with that commitment. Interrupt behaviors that hinder diversity and inclusion efforts.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you wish to apply for this position please carefully read and follow application instructions. All documents must be in Word or PDF format. Only complete applications will be considered. No phone calls please. Seasonal positions run from May through August.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter via the form below. Deadline to apply is March 15 although you are strongly encouraged to apply ASAP as the position will fill quickly.