Title: Director Assistant
Term of Employment: Per Agreement
Schedule: Per Season Schedule
Reports To: Director
Overall Responsibility: Assist the director with the rehearsal process.
- Conduct research and perform dramaturgy for each assigned production.
- Attend all production meetings and rehearsals.
- Take blocking notes for the director and choreographer during all rehearsals.
- Take and distribute actor and design notes for the director and choreographer.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A B.A. in Theatre preferred.
- Previous professional experience in theatre required.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to plan ahead and anticipate potential setbacks.
- Ability to calmly and succinctly resolve conflict.
- Ability to thrive in an environment that requires working under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, efficiency, prioritization, and multi-tasking.
- Excellent communication skills and collaborative attitude.
- Strong commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
If you wish to apply for this position please carefully read and follow application instructions. All documents must be in Word or PDF format. Only complete applications will be considered. No phone calls please. Seasonal positions run from May through August.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter via the form below. Deadline to apply is March 30 although you are strongly encouraged to apply ASAP as the position will fill quickly.