Title: Director Assistant
Term of Employment: Hourly
Schedule: Per Season Schedule
Reports To: Director, Production Manager
Assist the director throughout the rehearsal process.
- Attend production meetings and rehearsals.
- Take blocking notes for the director and choreographer during rehearsals.
- Take and distribute actor and design notes for the director and choreographer.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Previous professional experience in theatre required.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to plan ahead and anticipate potential setbacks.
- Ability to calmly and succinctly resolve conflict.
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment that requires working under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, efficiency, prioritization, and multi-tasking.
- Excellent communication skills and collaborative attitude.
- Strong commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion. Perform work in a manner that is consistent with that commitment. Interrupt behaviors that hinder diversity and inclusion efforts.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you wish to apply for this position please carefully read and follow application instructions. All documents must be in Word or PDF format. Only complete applications will be considered. No phone calls please. Seasonal positions run from May through August.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter via the form below. Deadline to apply is March 1 although you are strongly encouraged to apply ASAP as the position will fill quickly.