TITLE: DIRECTOR ASSISTANT
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Seasonal, Hourly
SCHEDULE: Part Time, start/end dates vary by production
SALARY: $15.50-$16.00 per hour
POSTING DATE: January 2023
REPORTS TO: Director, Producing Artistic Director, Production Manager
Broadway Sacramento is committed to the presentation of quality theatrical productions to enrich the cultural life of the greater Sacramento region, the state of California, the United States and the international community. The goals of the organization are to preserve and expand the American musical theatre as an art form by educating new audiences and nurturing aspiring artists.
Assist the director throughout the rehearsal process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attend rehearsals and production meetings.
- Take blocking notes for the director and choreographer during rehearsals.
- Take and distribute actor and design notes for the director and choreographer.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Previous professional experience in theatre required.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Neat and legible handwriting.
- Ability to plan ahead and anticipate potential setbacks.
- Ability to calmly and succinctly resolve conflict.
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment that requires working under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, efficiency, prioritization, and multi-tasking.
- Excellent communication skills and collaborative attitude.
- Demonstrates behavior showing a commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion. Perform work in a manner that is consistent with that commitment.
- Interrupt behaviors that hinder diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Broadway Sacramento requires that all employees receive a COVID-19 vaccination unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time.
- Ability to hear verbal notes and write them down on paper.
- Regularly required to sit, talk, see, and hear.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
ABOUT BROADWAY SACRAMENTO
Broadway Sacramento is Northern California’s premiere producer and presenter of musical theatre, and the largest nonprofit musical theatre in California. Since the inception of Broadway At Music Circus in 1951 under an open-air, circus-style big top, Broadway Sacramento has grown to become the most successful nonprofit performing arts organization in Northern California. Between Broadway At Music Circus and Broadway On Tour, Broadway Sacramento entertains over 250,000 patrons every year.
Broadway Sacramento is committed to creating an equitable, inclusive, and accessible environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.