TITLE: COVID COMPLIANCE OFFICER
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Seasonal, Hourly
SCHEDULE: Full Time, 5/25/2023—9/4/2023
DEPARTMENT: COVID Compliance
SALARY: $20.50-$21.75 per hour
POSTING DATE: January 2023
REPORTS TO: Production Manager, Casting Coordinator
Broadway Sacramento is committed to the presentation of quality theatrical productions to enrich the cultural life of the greater Sacramento region, the state of California, the United States and the international community. The goals of the organization are to preserve and expand the American musical theatre as an art form by educating new audiences and nurturing aspiring artists.
The role of our Covid Safety Ambassador is to ensure safety and compliance throughout the Broadway At Music Circus season.
- Casting Coordinator
- Production Manager
- Covid Compliance Assistants
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee and supervise the screening, testing, and reporting of all cast, creative, musicians, and production staff members.
- Cross-check and confirm that all employees are abiding by the protocols and procedures as outlined in the COVID safety plan and following the outlined testing schedule.
- Communicate and confirm that all guests, regardless of age or vaccination status, wear masks while inside the theater buildings and production spaces.
- Schedule and supervise all COVID Compliance employees. Manage staff time for payroll and budgeting purposes.
- Know, understand, and enforce all Broadway Sacramento & any applicable union Health and Safety protocols and procedures.
- Responsible for communicating local Health and Safety protocols and requirements to company members as needed.
- Serve as a resource for all company members on all COVID safety protocols and procedures.
- Receive questions and inquiries related to COVID Health and Safety protocols and seek resolution for open issues through the proper channels.
- Work with production management to ensure that company members are equipped with the necessary PPE and supplies as needed, overseeing the ordering of supplies (masks, sanitizer, etc.) as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of safety standards and implementation.
- Ability to prioritize and self-motivate.
- Ability to plan ahead and anticipate potential setbacks.
- Ability to calmly and succinctly resolve conflict and crisis.
- Ability to effectively lead by giving clear directions and encouraging questions with patience and clarity.
- Remain calm under stress; de-escalate when appropriate. Able to regulate emotions and rise above the emotions of others. Have the interpersonal awareness to read a situation and the needs of those involved.
- Ability to set a standard of excellence and inspire a sense of group responsibility among team members.
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment that requires working under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work long shifts and overtime hours while maintaining a positive and collaborative attitude.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, efficiency, prioritization, and multi-tasking.
- Excellent communication skills and a collaborative nature.
- Demonstrates behavior showing a commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion. Perform work in a manner that is consistent with that commitment.
- Interrupt behaviors that hinder diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Broadway Sacramento requires that all employees receive a COVID-19 vaccination unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time.
- Regularly required to sit, talk, see, and hear.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
ABOUT BROADWAY SACRAMENTO
Broadway Sacramento is Northern California’s premiere producer and presenter of musical theatre, and the largest nonprofit musical theatre in California. Since the inception of Broadway At Music Circus in 1951 under an open-air, circus-style big top, Broadway Sacramento has grown to become the most successful nonprofit performing arts organization in Northern California. Between Broadway At Music Circus and Broadway On Tour, Broadway Sacramento entertains over 250,000 patrons every year.
Broadway Sacramento is committed to creating an equitable, inclusive, and accessible environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.