TITLE: LIGHTING ASSISTANT
SCHEDULE: Full Time, 5/25/2023—8/22/2023
SALARY: $16.00 – 18.00 per hour
POSTING DATE: February 2023
REPORTS TO: Lighting Supervisor, Lighting Designers
Broadway Sacramento is committed to the presentation of quality theatrical productions to enrich the cultural life of the greater Sacramento region, the state of California, the United States and the international community. The goals of the organization are to preserve and expand the American musical theatre as an art form by educating new audiences and nurturing aspiring artists.
Assist the Lighting Supervisor and Lighting Designers as defined by the need of the assigned productions.
- Lighting Designer
- Lighting Supervisor
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare Cue Sheets and other necessary paperwork as defined by the Lighting Supervisor and Lighting Designers.
- Attend focus note sessions and notes calls.
- Attend production meetings, designer run-throughs, and dress rehearsals.
- Other responsibilities as designated by the Lighting Supervisor and Lighting Designers.
- Manual dexterity and an aptitude for electrical work and electronics.
- Creative flair and excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience in professional work for the theatre.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to plan ahead and anticipate potential setbacks.
- Ability to calmly and succinctly resolve conflict and crisis.
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment that requires working under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, efficiency, prioritization, and multi-tasking.
- Possess a collaborative nature and can-do attitude.
- Demonstrates behavior showing a commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion. Perform work in a manner that is consistent with that commitment
- Interrupt behaviors that hinder diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Broadway Sacramento requires that all employees receive a COVID-19 vaccination unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.
- Ability to work comfortably at heights.
- Ability to lift boxes up to 40 pounds and load them onto trucks.
- Ability to hear verbal notes and write them down on paper.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
ABOUT BROADWAY SACRAMENTO
Broadway Sacramento is Northern California’s premiere producer and presenter of musical theatre, and the largest nonprofit musical theatre in California. Since the inception of Broadway At Music Circus in 1951 under an open-air, circus-style big top, Broadway Sacramento has grown to become the most successful nonprofit performing arts organization in Northern California. Between Broadway At Music Circus and Broadway On Tour, Broadway Sacramento entertains over 250,000 patrons every year. Broadway Sacramento is committed to creating an equitable, inclusive, and accessible environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer.