TITLE: WARDROBE SUPERVISOR
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Seasonal, Hourly
SCHEDULE: Full Time, start/end dates vary by production
SALARY: $22.00—$25.00 per hour
POSTING DATE: January 2023
REPORTS TO: Costume Designer, Costume Director
Broadway Sacramento is committed to the presentation of quality theatrical productions to enrich the cultural life of the greater Sacramento region, the state of California, the United States and the international community. The goals of the organization are to preserve and expand the American musical theatre as an art form by educating new audiences and nurturing aspiring artists.
Supervise all wardrobe related needs and activities during rehearsals and performance.
- Hair, Wig, and Makeup Team
- Cast Members
- Costume Designers and Assistants
- Costume Director
- Dressers and Microphone Dressers
- Stage Management Team
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create running lists and costume tracking for each production.
- Assigns specific duties to all wardrobe crew members.
- Communicates and coordinates with Stage Management any show related needs including but not limited to entrance and exit plots, costume presets, and run of show needs.
- Identifies and facilitates quick changes as needed. Coordinates the needs of any given quick change in rehearsal and performance.
- Create and execute a proper cleaning schedule for all garments.
- Attends run-throughs, rehearsals, performances, dress rehearsals, and quick-change rehearsals.
- Collaborates with the Costume Director to coordinate show strikes and restocking costumes into stock and/or returning rented pieces.
- Working knowledge of all aspects of theatrical production, including but not limited to costume construction, modification, and repairs.
- Basic understanding of hair, wigs, and makeup.
- Ability to supervise, delegate, and manage others effectively.
- Develop costume tracking paperwork for all members in a crew for show run.
- Knowledge of and basic experience in all areas of theatrical costuming.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to take direction and see a task out to completion.
- Proven history of reliability and a strong work ethic.
- Possess a strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to thrive in an environment that requires working under tight deadline.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as being a positive team member.
- Exhibited self-reliance and willingness to seek out all possible solutions.
- Ability to plan ahead and anticipate potential setbacks.
- Ability to calmly and succinctly resolve conflict and crisis.
- Excellent communication skills and a collaborative nature.
- Demonstrates behavior showing a commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion. Perform work in a manner that is consistent with that commitment.
- Interrupt behaviors that hinder diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Broadway Sacramento requires that all employees receive a COVID-19 vaccination unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 30-pound boxes to a height of 3-5 feet and load them into trucks.
- Ability to work and move in dimly lit areas.
- Ability to hear verbal notes and write them down on paper.
- Regularly required to sit, talk, see, and hear.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
ABOUT BROADWAY SACRAMENTO
Broadway Sacramento is Northern California’s premiere producer and presenter of musical theatre, and the largest nonprofit musical theatre in California. Since the inception of Broadway At Music Circus in 1951 under an open-air, circus-style big top, Broadway Sacramento has grown to become the most successful nonprofit performing arts organization in Northern California. Between Broadway At Music Circus and Broadway On Tour, Broadway Sacramento entertains over 250,000 patrons every year.
Broadway Sacramento is committed to creating an equitable, inclusive, and accessible environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.