Term of Employment: Hourly
Schedule: Per Season Schedule
Reports To: Costume Shop Supervisor
Assist in the implementation of the costume design under the supervision of the Cutter/Draper, First Hands, and Costume Shop Supervisor.
- Sew, either by machine or hand, the costumes assigned by the team leader.
- Manage time effectively on each sewing project.
- Maintain personal work area, including sewing machinery as necessary to keep work moving effectively.
- Communicate with other team members concerning problems and possible solutions.
- Participate in the upkeep and cleanliness of the fitting rooms, workrooms, stock, break areas, and kitchen.
- Manage personnel safety and upholds workroom safety protocols.
- Perform other duties as assigned by team leader.
- Demonstrated experience in a variety of hand sewing techniques.
- Demonstrated experience in a variety of machine sewing techniques.
- Ability to skillfully operate a variety of sewing machines including but not limited to: single needle industrial, industrial zig-zag, overlock, merrow or serger, domestic straight and zig-zag machines.
- Ability to operate industrial steam iron.
- Ability to maintain a stationary position for long periods of time.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Ability to remain clear and productive in crisis or trying situations.
- Strong communication skills and collaborative attitude.
- Strong commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion. Perform work in a manner that is consistent with that commitment. Interrupt behaviors that hinder diversity and inclusion efforts.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you wish to apply for this position please carefully read and follow application instructions. All documents must be in Word or PDF format. Only complete applications will be considered. No phone calls please. Seasonal positions run from May through August.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter via the form below. Deadline to apply is March 1.