Term of Employment: Per Agreement
Schedule: Per Season Schedule
Reports To: Costume Shop Supervisor
Overall Responsibility: Assist in the implementation of the costume design under the supervision of the Cutter/Draper, First Hands, and Costume Shop Supervisor.
- Sews, either by machine or hand, the costumes assigned by the team leader.
- Manages time effectively on each sewing project.
- Maintains personal work area, including sewing machinery as necessary to keep work moving effectively.
- Communicates with other team members concerning problems and possible solutions.
- Participates in the upkeep and cleanliness of the fitting rooms, workrooms, stock, break areas and kitchen.
- Manages personnel safety and upholds workroom safety protocols.
- Performs other duties as assigned by team leader.
- Demonstrated experience in a variety of hand sewing techniques.
- Demonstrated experience in a variety of machine sewing techniques.
- Ability to skillfully operate a variety of sewing machines including but not limited to: single needle industrial, industrial zig-zag, overlock, merrow or serger, domestic straight and zig-zag machines.
- Ability to operate industrial steam iron.
- Ability to maintain a stationary position for long periods of time.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Ability to remain clear and productive in crisis or trying situations.
- Strong communication skills and collaborative attitude.
- Strong commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
If you wish to apply for this position please carefully read and follow application instructions. All documents must be in Word or PDF format. Only complete applications will be considered. No phone calls please. Seasonal positions run from May through August.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter via the form below. Deadline to apply is March 30 although you are strongly encouraged to apply ASAP as the position will fill quickly.