TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Seasonal, Hourly
SCHEDULE: Per Season Schedule
SALARY: $15.50—$17.00 per hour
POSTING DATE: January 2023
REPORTS TO: Costume Director
Broadway Sacramento is committed to the presentation of quality theatrical productions to enrich the cultural life of the greater Sacramento region, the state of California, the United States and the international community. The goals of the organization are to preserve and expand the American musical theatre as an art form by educating new audiences and nurturing aspiring artists.
Assist in the implementation of the costume design under the supervision of the Cutter/Draper, First Hands, and Costume Director.
- Costume Director
- First Hands
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sew, either by machine or hand, the costumes assigned by the team leader.
- Manage time effectively on each sewing project.
- Maintain personal work area, including sewing machinery as necessary to keep work moving effectively.
- Communicate with other team members concerning problems and possible solutions.
- Participate in the upkeep and cleanliness of the fitting rooms, workrooms, stock, break areas, and kitchen.
- Manage personnel safety and uphold workroom safety protocols.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Costume Director.
- Demonstrated experience in a variety of hand-sewing techniques.
- Demonstrated experience in a variety of machine sewing techniques.
- Ability to skillfully operate a variety of sewing machines including but not limited to: single needle industrial, industrial zig-zag, overlock, merrow or serger/overlocker, domestic straight and zig-zag machines.
- Ability to operate industrial steam iron.
- Ability to maintain a stationary position for long periods of time.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Ability to remain clear and productive in crisis or trying situations.
- Possess a collaborative nature and can-do attitude.
- Demonstrates behavior showing a commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion. Perform work in a manner that is consistent with that commitment.
- Interrupt behaviors that hinder diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Broadway Sacramento requires that all employees receive a COVID-19 vaccination unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time.
- Frequently required to use repetitive hand motions.
- Regularly required to sit, talk, see, and hear.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
ABOUT BROADWAY SACRAMENTO
Broadway Sacramento is Northern California’s premiere producer and presenter of musical theatre, and the largest nonprofit musical theatre in California. Since the inception of Broadway At Music Circus in 1951 under an open-air, circus-style big top, Broadway Sacramento has grown to become the most successful nonprofit performing arts organization in Northern California. Between Broadway At Music Circus and Broadway On Tour, Broadway Sacramento entertains over 250,000 patrons every year.
Broadway Sacramento is committed to creating an equitable, inclusive, and accessible environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.