TITLE: PRODUCTION ASSISTANT
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Seasonal, Hourly
SCHEDULE: Full Time, 5/22/2023—9/8/2023
SALARY: $15.50 – $17.00 per hour
POSTING DATE: January 2023
REPORTS TO: Production Manager, Casting Coordinator
Broadway Sacramento is committed to the presentation of quality theatrical productions to enrich the cultural life of the greater Sacramento region, the state of California, the United States and the international community. The goals of the organization are to preserve and expand the American musical theatre as an art form by educating new audiences and nurturing aspiring artists.
Provide transportation, logistical, and administrative support for Broadway At Music Circus creatives, cast members, and production department.
- Production Manager
- Casting Coordinator
- Cast Members
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive and maintain company vehicles safely and efficiently, including cleaning and fueling.
- Provide transportation for cast members and production staff to and from the airport, assisting with luggage as needed.
- Assist in the management of the company travel schedule.
- Schedule and provide round-trip transportation for grocery runs and other events.
- Act as the point person for company shipping and receiving, including package pick-ups and deliveries.
- Coordinate with Music Assistant and Stage Management to monitor office supply levels in the production office and order replacement supplies as needed.
- Perform occasional errands and shopping trips for Production and Operations Departments.
- Act as a liaison across multiple company sites to ensure efficient workflow, correspondence, and transportation.
- Other duties as assigned by the Casting Coordinator and Production Manager.
- Assist in production departments as needed.
- Valid Driver’s License and proven clean driving record.
- Ability to take direction and see a task effectively through to completion.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to plan ahead and anticipate potential setbacks.
- Ability to calmly and succinctly resolve conflict and crisis.
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment that requires working under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work long shifts and overtime hours while maintaining a positive and collaborative attitude.
- Remain calm under stress; de-escalate when appropriate. Able to regulate emotions and rise above the emotions of others. Have the interpersonal awareness to read a situation and the needs of those involved. Demonstrated organizational skills, efficiency, prioritization, and multi-tasking.
- Excellent communication skills and collaborative attitude.
- Demonstrates behavior showing a commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion. Perform work in a manner that is consistent with that commitment.
- Interrupt behaviors that hinder diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Previous experience in hospitality a plus.
- Broadway Sacramento requires that all employees receive a COVID-19 vaccination unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 50-pound boxes to a height of 3-5 feet and load them into trucks.
- Ability to work and move in dimly lit areas.
- Regularly required to sit, talk, see, and hear.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
ABOUT BROADWAY SACRAMENTO
Broadway Sacramento is Northern California’s premiere producer and presenter of musical theatre, and the largest nonprofit musical theatre in California. Since the inception of Broadway At Music Circus in 1951 under an open-air, circus-style big top, Broadway Sacramento has grown to become the most successful nonprofit performing arts organization in Northern California. Between Broadway At Music Circus and Broadway On Tour, Broadway Sacramento entertains over 250,000 patrons every year.
Broadway Sacramento is committed to creating an equitable, inclusive, and accessible environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.