Title: Production Assistant
Term of Employment: Hourly
Schedule: Per Season Schedule
Production Manager, Casting Coordinator
Provide transportation, logistical, and administrative support for Broadway At Music Circus creatives, cast members, and production department.
- Drive and maintain company vehicles safely and efficiently, including cleaning and fueling.
- Provide transportation for cast members and production staff to and from the airport, assisting with luggage as needed.
- Assist in the management of the company travel schedule.
- Schedule and provide round-trip transportation for cast grocery runs and other events.
- Act as the point person for company shipping and receiving, including package pick-ups and deliveries.
- Coordinate with Music Assistant and Stage Management to monitor office supply levels in production office and order replacement supplies as needed.
- Perform occasional errands and shopping trips for Production and Operations Departments.
- Act as a liaison across multiple company sites to ensure efficient workflow, correspondence, and transportation.
- Collaborate with Costume Shop for various projects including costume load-in and costume load-out.
- Other duties as assigned by the Casting Coordinator and Production Manager.
- Assist in production departments as needed.
- Valid Driver’s License and proven clean driving record.
- Ability to take direction and see a task effectively through to completion.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to plan ahead and anticipate potential setbacks.
- Ability to calmly and succinctly resolve conflict and crisis.
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment that requires working under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work long shifts and overtime hours while maintaining a positive and collaborative attitude.
- Remain calm under stress; deescalate when appropriate. Able to regulate emotions and rise above the emotions of others. Have the interpersonal awareness to read a situation and the needs of those involved.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, efficiency, prioritization, and multi-tasking.
- Excellent communication skills and collaborative attitude.
- Ability to remain in a stationery position for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 50-pound boxes to a height of 3-5 feet and load them into trucks.
- Strong commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion. Perform work in a manner that is consistent with that commitment. Interrupt behaviors that hinder diversity and inclusion efforts.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you wish to apply for this position please carefully read and follow application instructions. All documents must be in Word or PDF format. Only complete applications will be considered. No phone calls please. Seasonal positions run from May through August.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter via the form below. Deadline to apply is March 15 although you are strongly encouraged to apply ASAP as the position will fill quickly.