TITLE: IT ASSISTANT (equivalent to IT Specialist)
SCHEDULE: FULL-TIME /NON-EXEMPT
SALARY: $17.00 – 20.00 per hour
POSTING DATE: April 2023
REPORTS TO: Director of IT
Broadway Sacramento is committed to the presentation of quality theatrical productions to enrich the cultural life of the greater Sacramento region, the state of California, the United States and the international community. The goals of the organization are to preserve and expand the American musical theatre as an art form by educating new audiences and nurturing aspiring artists.
The IT Asssistant provides maintenance and support of Broadway Sacramento’s computer environment, working as assigned by the Director of IT to ensure the business of producing and presenting musicals can happen unimpeded. Tasks will encompass a broad range of technologies often found in enterprise environments, as well as solutions unique to the musical theatre industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain computer desktop environment by analyzing requirements, resolving problems, installing hardware and software solutions, and supporting end users with a wide range of backgrounds
- Facilitate administration and internal support of the Company’s PCs, printers, servers, and related equipment
- Provide end user support, license tracking, and performing PC maintenance, upgrades and configurations
- Provide helpdesk support by monitoring, responding and resolving tickets, received via tracking software, in a timely and effective manner to the end user’s satisfaction
- Install, test, and configure workstations, including software and peripheral equipment
- Help facilitate IT onboarding/off boarding for employees
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses
- Maintain accurate records in the Active Directory by assigning users and computers to proper groups
- Report issues or special needs and requests to Director for escalation
- Software/OS maintenance, server upkeep and remote user support
- Support local users on UCX VOIP phone system, including account support, equipment support, and account maintenance
- Assist with deploying new assets such as computers, printers, phones, and other IT-covered devices
- Comply with company safety policies, procedures, and best practices
- Facilitate other special projects at the direction of the Director of IT
- Minimum of a high school degree AND either 2 years of experience OR CompTIA A++ Certification; additional certifications and education are desired
- Must have some knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, Windows OS, Mac OS, Azure Cloud, and Windows Server
- Server support, virtualization, barcode scanner support, Android OS, networking knowledge, printer support, and VOIP phone support experience are all pluses
- Experience supporting Tessitura and SharePoint admin knowledge are highly desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exhibit a can-do attitude, strong interpersonal skills, including good relationship-building skills, and the ability to communicate with all levels of employees
- Excellent internal/external customer service skills, ability to be flexible, and work both independently, and as part of a team
- Possess and maintain excellent time management, customer service, strong analytic, organization, and prioritization skills, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask and work on tight timelines
- Ability to work unconventional hours and OT when necessary
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations effectively and professionally
- Strong commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. to the height of 3 to 4 feet
- COVID-19 vaccination is required-accommodations for disability and religious-based reasons may be considered
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
ABOUT BROADWAY SACRAMENTO
Broadway Sacramento is Northern California’s premiere producer and presenter of musical theatre, and the largest nonprofit musical theatre in California. Since the inception of Broadway At Music Circus in 1951 under an open-air, circus-style big top, Broadway Sacramento has grown to become the most successful nonprofit performing arts organization in Northern California. Between Broadway At Music Circus and Broadway On Tour, Broadway Sacramento entertains over 250,000 patrons every year.
Broadway Sacramento is committed to creating an equitable, inclusive, and accessible environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.