Email Marketing and Digital Manager
Term of Employment: Hourly
Department: Marketing and Public Relations
Reports To: Director of Marketing and Public Relations
Salary Range: $48,000 – $52,000
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Email Marketing and Digital Manager is a new position within the Broadway Sacramento Marketing team. This role will manage all email marketing end-to-end from content production/editing, quality assurance and stakeholder approvals to deployment for Broadway Sacramento, including but not limited to season ticket and single-show sales campaigns and announcements, fundraising appeals for the Development department, and outreach for the Education and Community Engagement department. This position will also manage the front-end maintenance of the Broadway Sacramento website.
The Email Marketing and Digital Manager should be proficient in HTML and CSS, comfortable editing existing email templates and developing new emails, able to troubleshoot rendering issues, and have experience using WordPress. This position should have experience with managing email campaign CRM and should be able to extract a list from a database and report on engagement. Successful candidates will be able to maintain email and website messaging and aesthetic consistency with Broadway Sacramento’s vision and style guides across departments, while developing an understanding of strategies to keep content fresh, dynamic, and compelling to email subscribers, ticket buyers and website traffic.
The ideal candidate enjoys the fast-paced and changing world of digital marketing, isn’t afraid to try new things, and works well in a collaborative team environment.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Reports to Director of Marketing & Public Relations.
- Develop end-to-end email creation and error-free deployment process with built-in QA.
- Manage email requests from stakeholders across departments and ensure they go through the proper approval and testing process.
- Responsible for the overall email calendar, recipient targeting and frequency per best practices.
- Work with Database Administrator to segment lists based on past email engagement and ticket buying behavior.
- Measure results and optimize the nurture tracks for these segments to convert leads to customers.
- Design and maintain email performance reporting. Provide clear direction and relevant communication to senior leaders and stakeholders regarding email marketing performance and communicate actionable insights on opportunities and next steps.
- Develop and monitor new initiatives to drive e-mail list growth to support retention. Collaborate with marketing team on developing new campaigns to drive healthy list growth.
- Work to minimize list decay and unsubscribes while increasing productivity of our email sends.
- Monitor and improve email deliverability, staying focused on best practices and changes to the email marketing landscape.
- Remain abreast of email marketing trends that can be translated into improvements of campaigns.
- Collaborate with other members of the Marketing department to optimize content, and ensure communications adhere to email standards, best practices, and are GDPR compliant.
- Front end WordPress website content maintenance management:
- Page creation and edits across departments as needed based on season launches and program schedules.
- Season launches/announcements:
- Build each production in Theater Event plug-in using information provided by Associate Director of Marketing and P.R. and Database Administrator.
- Build photo galleries using Huge-IT gallery plug-in.
- Upon launch update homepage and other related web pages to reflect announce/on-sale messaging and creative assets provided by Associate Director of Marketing and P.R.
- Gravity forms:
- Edit and create Gravity Forms across departments as needed.
- Press kits:
- Upload photos, press release provided by Director of Marketing and P.R., and logo to Press Kit portal for launches and updates as needed.
- Report on website engagement using Google Analytics.
- Troubleshoot functionality issues and errors.
- Collaborate with external website developers for maintenance issues as needed.
- 2 or more years of experience developing, managing and optimizing email campaigns.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field.
- Demonstrated experience in written and verbal communication; proficiency in copy writing, copy editing, and proofing.
- Proficient in HTML and CSS and mobile/responsive email design and development.
- Demonstrated experience managing multi-faceted projects across departments, working with stakeholders at multiple levels within an organization, maintaining project calendar and meeting strict deadlines.
- Demonstrated design sensibilities and informed opinions about how emails should look and feel.
- Proficient in Adobe Suite – intermediate skills in graphic design to cut and resize images, create engaging graphics and gifs, and edit photos as necessary.
- Demonstrated experience with marketing analytics, and an analytical mindset to derive meaning from data through A/B testing, email optimization, segmentation and more. Data-driven mindset and ability to gather insight from analytics.
- COVID-19 vaccination is required: Accommodations for disability and religious-based reasons may be considered.
- Proficient in WordFly or similar email platform preferred but not required.
- Experience using WordPress or managing a website on another platform.
- Experience using Wrike or other project management software.
- Background in musical theatre a plus but not required.
- Photography a plus.
- Experience with Google Tag Manager and pixels a plus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you wish to apply for this position please carefully read and follow application instructions. All documents must be in Word or PDF format. Only complete applications will be considered. No phone calls please.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter via the form below. Open until filled.