JOB TITLE: Education Assistant
CLASSIFICATION: Administrative Staff, Full Time
REPORTS TO: Director of Education
JOB SUMMARY: Education Assistant will assist with the development and implementation of the education programs of the California Musical Theatre as well as provide support for the Director of Education.
- Provide administrative and project support to the Director of Education.
- Maintain contracts and provide support for subcontractors of Assisted Arts programs (open captioning, audio description, and sign language interpreted performances): Includes securing scripts and soundtracks as needed for subcontractors; preparing and organizing any written materials necessary for the assisted performances (Braille, large print, and ASL patron programs); coordinating preview and performance schedules for Assisted Arts subcontractors; coordinating and supervising tactile events for audio described performances; working with Operations Director in maintaining equipment for audio description.
- Coordinate ticket subsidy outreach program Arts Alive:
Includes contacting, scheduling, notifying, and supervising the attendance of all Arts Alive performances; collecting payment, processing orders, and working with Box Office staff to coordinate tickets for Arts Alive; hosting volunteer orientation and working with volunteer coordinator to supervise Assisted Arts and Arts Alive performances.
- Assist and support in the implementation of new ticketing system Tessitura.
- Provide assistance in the planning, implementation and evaluation of all of the following education programs, including, but not limited to:
- Arts Alive
- The Broadway Gala
- Camp Music Circus
- Internship and Professional Assistantship Program
- Master Classes
- Music Circus Junior Company
- Pre and post show Q&As
- Show Time
- Summer Dance Classes
- Coordinate pre and post show Q&As for Broadway tours and Music Circus: Includes communicating with touring production staff, Music Circus staff, and patron groups.
- Assist in maintaining calendars and timelines for programs and projects, update contacts, and answer program inquiries.
- Update and maintain various program databases, statistics, and reports.
- Assist in documenting and evaluating all programs and events.
- Coordinate with other departments as needed to facilitate education programing, includes working with the Marketing Department and their online project manager software, Wrike and the Development Department to coordinate grant/reporting needs.
- Assist with developing and updating materials for the Education Department, including marketing materials and the website.
- Research and organize educational materials.
- Coordinate and execute mailings, including creation and distribution of study guides and study materials.
- Coordinate and distribute tickets as needed for education related events and programs, including, but not limited to: Camp, Show Time, and ticketed Music Circus events.
- Assist in preparation of Education Department’s annual budget.
- Attend conferences, workshops and events pertinent to education programs.
- Maintain and modify data, correspondence, filing, phone calls and help cover front desk duties as needed.
- Other duties assigned by Director of Education.
- A passion for arts education
- Reliable and personable with a collaborative spirit
- Comfortable interacting with diverse patrons, students, educators, parents, artists, and theater professionals
- Ability to manage a varied workload with meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer software skills: Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, Adobe, Tessitura
- Current California driver’s license
- Able to lift 30 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation
Wages depending on experience
To apply, please send cover letter, resume and list of references to Gina Smith, 1510 J Street Suite 200, Sacramento, CA 95814; Email [email protected] or FAX (916) 446-1370.