Term of Employment: Per Agreement
Schedule: Per Season Schedule
Reports To: Costume Shop Supervisor
Supervises: First Hand, Stitchers
Overall Responsibility: Work closely with the Costume Designer to build and alter costumes for each assigned production.
- Develop patterns and cut fabrics for necessary costume builds.
- Instruct and supervise the First Hand and Stitchers on the proper assembly of each costume.
- Determine and mark the necessary alterations of each costume piece in collaboration with the Costume Designer during costume fittings.
- Prepare and distribute costume notes to the Stitchers based on priority and ability.
- Ensure costumes notes are completed in accordance to deadlines such as fittings, photo call, dress rehearsals and opening performance.
- Oversee Stitcher workflow, progress, and quality.
- Attend dress rehearsals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Extensive experience in costume construction and pattern development.
- Ability to translate a costume sketch into component parts.
- Working knowledge of costume materials including historical references and modern availabilities.
- Ability to teach new or different stitching techniques to Stitchers as needed.
- Ability to act as a team leader by effectively giving clear directions and encouraging questions with patience and clarity.
- Have a talent for setting a standard of excellence and inspiring a sense of group responsibility among team members.
- Ability to plan ahead and anticipate potential
- Ability to calmly and succinctly resolve conflict and
- Ability to thrive in an environment that requires working under tight
- Demonstrated organizational skills, efficiency, prioritization, and multi-tasking.
- Excellent communication skills and collaborative attitude.
- Strong commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
If you wish to apply for this position please carefully read and follow application instructions. All documents must be in Word or PDF format. Only complete applications will be considered. No phone calls please. Seasonal positions run from May through August.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter via the form below. Deadline to apply is April 30.