Title: Costume Shopper
Term of Employment: Hourly
Schedule: Per Season Schedule
Reports To: Costume Shop Supervisor
Oversee and organize the purchasing needs for the Costume Designers and Costume Shop.
- Shop Sacramento and outlying areas to procure requested costume items.
- Research and order costume needs online for discounts and specialty items.
- Cultivate and maintain vendor relationships.
- Collaborate with Junior Design Assistant to work with local cobbler to rubber and modify shoes as necessary to meet Actors’ Equity guidelines and production schedule deadlines.
- Strictly follow accounting procedures as directed by the Production Manager and Accounting Coordinator.
- Creatively seek cost-efficient methods of meeting costuming needs.
- Shop for other production departments as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A serious interest in the theatre profession, preferably having obtained or currently pursuing an education in theatre.
- Previous collegiate or professional experience in musical theatre.
- Ability to work independently for the majority of the workday.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Familiarity with the Sacramento and Northern California region preferred.
- Ability to work independently and see a task out to completion.
- Proven history of reliability and a strong work ethic.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to thrive in an environment that requires working under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or as a positive team member.
- Ability to plan ahead and anticipate potential setbacks.
- Possess a collaborative nature and can-do attitude.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. to a height of 3-4 feet.
- Strong commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion. Perform work in a manner that is consistent with that commitment. Interrupt behaviors that hinder diversity and inclusion efforts.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you wish to apply for this position please carefully read and follow application instructions. All documents must be in Word or PDF format. Only complete applications will be considered. No phone calls please. Seasonal positions run from May through August.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter via the form below. Deadline to apply is March 1 although you are strongly encouraged to apply ASAP as the position will fill quickly.