Title: Costume Shop Associate
Term of Employment: Hourly
Schedule: Per Season Schedule
Reports to: Costume Shop Supervisor
Facilitates necessary transportation to accommodate successful flow of costume fittings and costume load ins and outs. Assists the Costume Shop Supervisor with upkeep and workflow of the working costume shop.
- Transport actors to and from costume fittings.
- Track rehearsal and fitting schedules to facilitate an efficient driving schedule.
- Organize, facilitate, and collaborate with Costume Shop Manager and Production Assistant to complete costume load ins and outs in an organized and efficient manner.
- Fill in as part of stitching team, costume rentals, or shopping as needed.
- Execute proactive initiative to identify necessary tasks and complete in order to facilitate an efficient workspace and process for the overall costume shop and team.
- Collaborate with the Wardrobe, Design, and Stage Management Teams to track costume items going in and out of rehearsal.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Costume Shop Supervisor.
- Serious interest in professional theatre, preferably with education in theatre or currently pursuing an education in theatre.
- Previous collegiate, semi-professional, or professional experience in costuming.
- Knowledge of and basic experience in all areas of theatrical costuming.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to take direction and follow a task to completion.
- Proven history of reliability and strong work ethic.
- Possess excellent organizational skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to thrive in an environment that requires working under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work long shifts and overtime hours while maintaining a positive and collaborative attitude
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a positive team member.
- Demonstrated efficiency, prioritization, and multitasking.
- Ability to plan ahead and anticipate potential setbacks.
- Remain calm under stress; deescalate when appropriate. Able to regulate emotions and rise above the emotions of others. Have the interpersonal awareness to read a situation and the needs of those involved.
- Possess a collaborative nature and can-do attitude.
- Possess a clean driving record and current driver license.
- Excellent communication skills and collaborative attitude.
- Strong commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion. Perform work in a manner that is consistent with that commitment. Interrupt behaviors that hinder diversity and inclusion efforts.
If you wish to apply for this position please carefully read and follow application instructions. All documents must be in Word or PDF format. Only complete applications will be considered. No phone calls please. Seasonal positions run from May through August.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter via the form below. Deadline to apply is March 15 although you are strongly encouraged to apply ASAP as the position will fill quickly.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.