Title: Costume Shop Associate
Term of Employment: Per Agreement
Schedule: Per Season Schedule
Reports to: Costume Shop Supervisor
Overall Responsibility: Facilitates necessary transportation to accommodate succesful flow of costume fittings and costume load ins and outs. Assists the Costume Shop Supervisor with upkeep and workflow of the working costume shop.
- Transport actors to and from costume fittings.
- Track rehearsal and fitting schedules to facilitate an efficient driving schedule.
- Organize, facilitate, and collaborate with Costume Shop Manager and Production Assistant to complete costume load ins and outs in an organized and efficient manner.
- Fill in as part of stitching team, costume rentals, or shopping as needed.
- Execute proactive initiative to identify necessary tasks and complete in order to facilitate an efficient workspace and process for the overall costume shop and team.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Costume Shop Supervisor.
- Serious interest in professional theatre, preferably with education in theatre or currently pursuing an education in theatre.
- Previous collegiate, semi-professional, or professional experience in costuming.
- Knowledge of and basic experience in all areas of theatrical costuming.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to take direction and follow a task to completion.
- Proven history of reliability and strong work ethic.
- Possess excellent organizational skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to thrive in an environment that requires working under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a positive team member.
- Demonstrated efficiency, prioritization, and multitasking.
- Ability to plan ahead and anticipate potential setbacks.
- Ability to calmly and succinctly resolve conflict and crisis.
- Possess a collaborative nature and can-do attitude.
- Possess a clean driving record and current driver license.
- Excellent communication skills and collaborative attitude.
- Strong commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
If you wish to apply for this position please carefully read and follow application instructions. All documents must be in Word or PDF format. Only complete applications will be considered. No phone calls please. Seasonal positions run from May through August.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter via the form below. Deadline to apply is March 30 although you are strongly encouraged to apply ASAP as the position will fill quickly.