TITLE: COSTUME SHOP ASSOCIATE
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Seasonal, Hourly
SCHEDULE: Full Time, 5/25/2023—8/27/2023
SALARY: $15.50 – $16.00 per hour
POSTING DATE: January 2023
REPORTS TO: Costume Director
Broadway Sacramento is committed to the presentation of quality theatrical productions to enrich the cultural life of the greater Sacramento region, the state of California, the United States and the international community. The goals of the organization are to preserve and expand the American musical theatre as an art form by educating new audiences and nurturing aspiring artists.
Facilitates necessary transportation to accommodate successful flow of costume fittings and costume load-ins and outs. Assists the Costume Shop Supervisor with upkeep and workflow of the costume shop.
- Costume Director
- Production Assistant
- Cast Members
- Wardrobe Assistant
- Stage Management Team
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Transport actors to and from costume fittings with a hospitable, friendly, and professional demeanor.
- Maintain gas levels and cleanliness of company vehicle.
- Track rehearsal and fitting schedules to facilitate an efficient driving schedule.
- Organize, facilitate, and collaborate with Costume Director and Production Assistant to complete costume load-ins and outs in an organized and efficient manner.
- Fill in as part of stitching team, costume rentals, or shopping as needed.
- Collaborate with the Costume Director to identify and complete necessary tasks to facilitate an efficient workspace and process for the overall costume shop and team.
- Collaborate with the Wardrobe, Design, and Stage Management teams to track costume items going in and out of rehearsal.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Costume Director.
- A serious interest in professional theatre, preferably with education in theatre or currently pursuing an education in theatre.
- Previous experience in costuming.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to take direction and follow a task to completion.
- Proven history of reliability and strong work ethic.
- Valid Driver’s License and proven clean driving record.
- Possess excellent organizational skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to thrive in an environment that requires working under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work long shifts and overtime hours while maintaining a positive and collaborative attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a positive team member.
- Demonstrated efficiency, prioritization, and multitasking.
- Ability to plan ahead and anticipate potential setbacks.
- Remain calm under stress; de-escalate when appropriate. Able to regulate emotions and rise above the emotions of others. Have the interpersonal awareness to read a situation and the needs of those involved.
- Possess a collaborative nature and can-do attitude.
- Demonstrates behavior showing a commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Interrupt behaviors that hinder diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Broadway Sacramento requires that all employees receive a COVID-19 vaccination unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 50-pound boxes to a height of 3-5 feet and load them into cars and trucks.
- Ability to drive a 12-passenger van safely and efficiently.
- Regularly required to sit, talk, see, and hear.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
ABOUT BROADWAY SACRAMENTO
Broadway Sacramento is Northern California’s premiere producer and presenter of musical theatre, and the largest nonprofit musical theatre in California. Since the inception of Broadway At Music Circus in 1951 under an open-air, circus-style big top, Broadway Sacramento has grown to become the most successful nonprofit performing arts organization in Northern California. Between Broadway At Music Circus and Broadway On Tour, Broadway Sacramento entertains over 250,000 patrons every year.
Broadway Sacramento is committed to creating an equitable, inclusive, and accessible environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.