TITLE: COSTUME RENTAL COORDINATOR
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Hourly
SCHEDULE: Full Time, 5/16/2023—9/8/2023
SALARY: $15.50 – $17.00 per hour
POSTING DATE: January 2023
REPORTS TO: Costume Director
Broadway Sacramento is committed to the presentation of quality theatrical productions to enrich the cultural life of the greater Sacramento region, the state of California, the United States and the international community. The goals of the organization are to preserve and expand the American musical theatre as an art form by educating new audiences and nurturing aspiring artists.
Oversee and organize the receipt, transit, and return of all rented and stock costumes and accessories.
- Costume Director
- Costume Designers
- Costume Design Assistant
- Junior Design Assistant
- Production Center Coordinator
- Production Assistant
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive shipments of rented costumes and inventory/size upon arrival.
- Photograph each rented piece for reference and tracking; file pictures according to show in a costume rental bible.
- Retain shipping slips for reference and tracking; file slips according to show in a costume rental bible.
- Tag all rental items for identification.
- Coordinate with Production Center Coordinator for transportation of costumes to and from Production Center and theatre.
- Retrieve and verify all stock and rental items following a production’s final performance.
- Facilitate any necessary dry cleaning of rented and stock items.
- Keep the costume stock neat and organized.
- Collaborate with the Junior Design Assistant to keep dance shoe stock organized by individual performer; add new boxes/shoes as season progresses.
- Notify the Costume Director immediately if a rented costume is lost or damaged.
- Prepare rental costumes for return, including appropriately packaging costumes, enclosing a copy of the original packing slip, and confirming all listed items are enclosed.
- Possess a strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and facilitating procedure and creating documentation.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Working knowledge of safety standard and implementation.
- Ability to prioritize, self-motivate, plan ahead, and anticipate potential setbacks.
- Ability to calmly and succinctly resolve conflict and crisis.
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment that requires working under tight deadlines.
- Remain calm under stress; deescalate when appropriate. Able to regulate emotions and rise above the emotions of others. Have the interpersonal awareness to read a situation and the needs of those involved.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, efficiency, prioritization, and multi-tasking.
- Excellent communication skills and collaborative attitude.
- Demonstrates behavior showing a commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion. Perform work in a manner that is consistent with that commitment.
- Interrupt behaviors that hinder diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Broadway Sacramento requires that all employees receive a COVID-19 vaccination unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.
- Frequently required to use repetitive hand motions and to reach and bend.
- Ability to lift 40-pound boxes to a height of 3-5 feet and load them into trucks.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time.
- Ability to work and move in dimly lit areas.
- Regularly required to sit, talk, see, and hear.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
ABOUT BROADWAY SACRAMENTO
Broadway Sacramento is Northern California’s premiere producer and presenter of musical theatre, and the largest nonprofit musical theatre in California. Since the inception of Broadway At Music Circus in 1951 under an open-air, circus-style big top, Broadway Sacramento has grown to become the most successful nonprofit performing arts organization in Northern California. Between Broadway At Music Circus and Broadway On Tour, Broadway Sacramento entertains over 250,000 patrons every year.
Broadway Sacramento is committed to creating an equitable, inclusive, and accessible environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.