Title: Costume Rental Coordinator
Term of Employment: Hourly
Schedule: 6-day work week
Reports To: Costume Shop Supervisor
Oversee and organize the receipt, transit, and return of all rented and stock costumes and accessories.
- Receive shipments of rented costumes and inventory/size upon arrival.
- Photograph each rented piece for reference and tracking; file pictures according to show in a costume rental bible.
- Retain shipping slips for reference and tracking; file slips according to show in a costume rental bible.
- Tag all rental items for identification.
- Coordinate with Production Center Supervisor for transportation of costumes to and from Production Center and theatre.
- Retrieve and verify all stock and rental items following a production’s final performance.
- Facilitate any necessary dry cleaning of rented and stock items.
- Keep the costume stock neat and organized.
- Keep dance shoe stock organized by individual performer; add new boxes/shoes as season progresses.
- Notify the Costume Shop Supervisor immediately if a rented costume is lost or damaged.
- Prepare rental costumes for return, including appropriately packaging costumes, enclosing a copy of the original packing slip, and confirming all listed items are enclosed.
- Previous professional experience in theatre required.
- Possess a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to set standards of excellence and inspire a sense of group responsibility among team members.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and facilitating procedure and creating documentation.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Working knowledge of safety standard and implementation.
- Ability to prioritize, self-motivate, plan ahead, and anticipate potential setbacks.
- Ability to calmly and succinctly resolve conflict and crisis.
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment that requires working under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work long shifts and overtime hours while maintaining a positive and collaborative attitude.
- Remain calm under stress; deescalate when appropriate. Able to regulate emotions and rise above the emotions of others. Have the interpersonal awareness to read a situation and the needs of those involved.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, efficiency, prioritization, and multi-tasking.
- Excellent communication skills and collaborative attitude.
- Ability to lift 40-pound boxes to a height of 3-5 feet and load them into trucks.
- Strong commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion. Perform work in a manner that is consistent with that commitment. Interrupt behaviors that hinder diversity and inclusion efforts.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you wish to apply for this position please carefully read and follow application instructions. All documents must be in Word or PDF format. Only complete applications will be considered. No phone calls please. Seasonal positions run from May through August.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter via the form below. Deadline to apply is March 1 although you are strongly encouraged to apply ASAP as the position will fill quickly.