Customer Service Representative
Term of Employment: Hourly
Schedule: Part-time, seasonal
Department: Box Office
Reports To: Box Office Manager
Wage: $14 per hour
Application Deadline: Open until filled
A part-time Box Office customer service representative assists patrons with ticket transactions for Broadway On Tour and Broadway At Music Circus, as well as answering questions they may have regarding our productions and facility, while providing the best patron experience and customer service.
Summary of essential job functions
- To ensure that each patron receives the highest level of customer service and leaves satisfied as possible.
- To process single ticket orders, subscriptions and exchanges over the phone, by mail and in person.
- To assist patrons in person, at will call windows when we have a show week.
- To call patrons regarding questions we have about their accounts, renewals, and/or payment issues
- To assist patrons with a variety of questions or concerns they may have over the phone or in person.
- To enforce company policy, but also have flexibility to know when an exception could be made by after bringing the issue to the attention of a manager.
- To possibly assist the Subscriber Services Manager in season ticket seating assignments and the enveloping and mailing of season tickets.
- To ensure punctuality and reliable attendance during Box Office business hours. (Parking is not provided)
Job specification of Customer Service Representative
- Ability to work within the open Box Office Hours of Mon-Fri, Noon-5pm as well as occasional evenings & weekends for matinee/night box office when a show is playing. For Broadway On Tour shows, shifts may be scheduled at the SAFE PAC box office windows.
- Must possess proficient computer skills-ability to navigate Microsoft Windows and learn Tessitura Ticketing.
- A friendly, kind and courteous disposition.
- A willingness to learn and constantly adapt to new or improved processes. As well as following all current health and safety Covid-19 guidelines.
- An interest in the performing arts.
- Ability to work independently and as a positive team member.
- Excellent communication skills with a willingness to work thru difficult conversations with patrons.
- A willingness to respectfully engage our patrons, both in person and over the phone.
- A demonstrated ability to work in a proactively diverse and inclusive organization.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs to a height of 3-4 feet
- COVID-19 vaccination is required: Accommodations for disability and religious-based reasons may be considered.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you wish to apply for this position please carefully read and follow application instructions. All documents must be in Word or PDF format. Only complete applications will be considered. No phone calls please.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter via the form below. Open until filled.