TITLE: STAGE DOOR LEAD
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Seasonal, Hourly
SCHEDULE: Full Time, 5/20/2024—9/3/2024
SALARY: $16.55 per hour
REPORTS TO: Casting Coordinator, Production Manager
Broadway Sacramento is committed to the presentation of quality theatrical productions to enrich the cultural life of the greater Sacramento region, the state of California, the United States and the international community. The goals of the organization are to preserve and expand the American musical theatre as an art form by educating new audiences and nurturing aspiring artists.
Ensure lot access via the stage door is restricted to staff, interns and volunteers throughout the Broadway At Music Circus season. Open the facility at top of day and/or, on non-performance days, secure the facility at the end of the night.
- Production Manager
- Casting Coordinator
- Production Staff
- Operations Staff
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Generate and update the Lot Access List of company members, staff, interns, volunteers and guests permitted to have access through the stage door in coordination with Department Heads and the Stagedoor Assistants.
- Monitor the facility’s primary entrance point to ensure that access is restricted to company members, staff, interns, volunteers and authorized guests during non-performance hours.
- Receive questions and inquiries related to the location of departments throughout the facility and where to find information about specific production or company information when asked by company members.
- Receive packages and ensure distribution to the correct person or department.
- Keep a list of necessary production office supplies and restock as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Previous professional theatrical experience preferred.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, efficiency, multi-tasking, and ability to prioritize and self-motivate.
- Excellent communication skills and collaborative attitude.
- Ability to work both independently and as a positive team member.
- Ability to take direction and see a task out to completion.
- Possess a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing priorities and timelines.
- Ability to work long shifts and overtime hours while maintaining a positive and collaborative attitude.
- Remain calm under stress; de-escalate when appropriate.
- Demonstrate behavior showing a commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion. Perform work in a manner that is consistent with that commitment.
- Interrupt behaviors that hinder diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. to the height of 3 to 4 feet.
- Ability to sit for 8-10 hours per day.
- Regularly required to sit, talk, see, and hear.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
ABOUT BROADWAY SACRAMENTO
Broadway Sacramento is Northern California’s premiere producer and presenter of musical theatre and the largest nonprofit musical theatre in California. Since the inception of Broadway At Music Circus in 1951 under an open-air, circus-style big top, Broadway Sacramento has grown to become the most successful nonprofit performing arts organization in Northern California. Between Broadway At Music Circus and Broadway On Tour, Broadway Sacramento entertains over 250,000 patrons every year.
Broadway Sacramento is committed to creating an equitable, inclusive, and accessible environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer.