Title: Wardrobe Assistant
Term of Employment: Hourly
Schedule: Per Season Schedule
Reports to: Wardrobe Supervisor
Consults with: Wardrobe Supervisor; Wig, Hair, and Make-Up Team; Costume Designer; Costume Design Assistant; Costume Shop Supervisor; Actors; Dressers; Microphone Dressers; Stage Management Team
Manage costume pieces in rehearsal, create wardrobe tracking sheets, train interns, and attend rehearsals.
- Attend rehearsals to compose wardrobe running-sheets, which shall include actor entrances and exits, specific costume change location assignments and time lengths of all quick changes.
- Coordinate use of shoes and costume pieces in rehearsal with the Costume Designer Assistant.
- Organize, track, and facilitate the use of actor shoes and costume pieces in rehearsal.
- Collaborate with Stage Management Team to put costume notes into daily rehearsal reports.
- Act as liaison to the Costume Designer in the event of problems, requests, and/or questions regarding shoes, costume changes or costume pieces.
- Assist Wig, Hair, and Make-Up team to create tracking for wig changes.
- Train wardrobe interns on necessary wardrobe knowledge.
- Fill in as part of performance wardrobe team if needed.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Wardrobe Supervisor.
- Serious interest in professional theatre, preferably with education in theatre or currently pursuing an education in theatre.
- Previous collegiate, semi-professional, or professional experience in wardrobe or costuming.
- Knowledge of and basic experience in all areas of theatrical costuming.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to take direction and follow a task to completion.
- Proven history of reliability and strong work ethic.
- Possess excellent organizational skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to thrive in an environment that requires working under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a positive team member.
- Demonstrated efficiency, prioritization, and multitasking.
- Ability to plan ahead and anticipate potential setbacks.
- Possess a collaborative nature and can-do attitude.
- Remain calm under stress; deescalate when appropriate. Able to regulate emotions and rise above the emotions of others. Have the interpersonal awareness to read a situation and the needs of those involved.
- Strong commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion. Perform work in a manner that is consistent with that commitment. Interrupt behaviors that hinder diversity and inclusion efforts.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you wish to apply for this position please carefully read and follow application instructions. All documents must be in Word or PDF format. Only complete applications will be considered. No phone calls please. Seasonal positions run from May through August.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter via the form below. Deadline to apply is March 15 although you are strongly encouraged to apply ASAP as the position will fill quickly.