Title: Lead Wig Dresser
Term of Employment: Hourly
Schedule: Per Season Schedule
Department: Hair, Wigs, & Make-up
Reports to: Hair, Wig, & Make-Up Supervisor
Implement the care and use of hair, wigs, and make-up in dress rehearsals and performances.
- Dress performers in wigs or hairpieces as necessary during dress rehearsals and performances.
- Perform quick changes which involve hair modification, including wigs, re-styles, and touch ups.
- Clean and maintain wigs according to information and instruction provided by the Hair, Wig, & Make-Up Supervisor.
- Apply and maintain the application of any specialty make-up as determined by the Hair, Wig, & Make-Up Supervisor.
- Maintain the wig room and supplies used in an orderly manner.
- Manage time in an efficient manner.
- Assist the Hair, Wig, & Make-Up Supervisor in creating tracking for the department to be used in dress rehearsals and performances.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Hair, Wig, & Make-Up Supervisor.
- Demonstrated hair and wig styling experience.
- Prior theatrical backstage experience.
- Demonstrated experience in make-up application.
- Ability to plan ahead and anticipate potential setbacks.
- Ability to calmly and succinctly resolve conflict and crisis.
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment that requires working under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, efficiency, prioritization, and multi-tasking.
- Excellent communication skills and collaborative attitude.
- Ability to remain in a stationery position for long periods of time.
- Strong commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion. Perform work in a manner that is consistent with that commitment. Interrupt behaviors that hinder diversity and inclusion efforts.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you wish to apply for this position please carefully read and follow application instructions. All documents must be in Word or PDF format. Only complete applications will be considered. No phone calls please. Seasonal positions run from May through August.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter via the form below. Deadline to apply is March 1 although you are strongly encouraged to apply ASAP as the position will fill quickly.