Creative Project Manager
Term of Employment: Salary
Department: Marketing and Public Relations
Reports To: Director of Marketing and Public Relations
Salary Range: $55,000 – $60,000
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
The Creative Project Manager for Broadway Sacramento performs as the art director and project manager for the graphic design needs for both the Education and Community Engagement department and the Development (fundraising) department, as well as for some Marketing Department projects. The Creative Project Manager will collaborate with each department on their respective appeal/campaign calendars regarding graphics support, schedule and maintain the projects using Wrike project management software, coordinate approval processes with stakeholders, manage the graphic designer’s schedule for the creation of these projects, and assist/provide copy and art direction as needed. This position is also responsible for managing playbill production, editing, house ad art direction, and approval processes with stakeholders at multiple levels across departments.
The ideal candidate has an artistic eye for composition and design. The successful candidate will use that talent to direct staff photographers at Broadway At Music Circus dress rehearsals, then quickly review the hundreds of photos from the rehearsals to provide a narrow selection to the Producing Artistic Director to approve for publicity and promotion purposes. Successful candidates will have some experience with Photoshop and photography.
This position is fast-paced, requires quick turnarounds, creative problem solving, and a team-oriented collaborative mentality. Some evenings and weekends required, particularly during the summer.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Reports to Director of Marketing & Public Relations.
- Manage Graphic Designer’s schedule, projects and workload.
- Use Wrike project management software to manage all projects.
- Art director and project manager for Education and Community Engagement department and Development department collateral, materials and campaigns, as well as some projects for Marketing and other departments. Work with graphic designer to produce graphic elements of projects, develop schedules and collaborate with stakeholders for approval process.
- Manage production of all playbills, including content, editing, art direction, quality control, approvals.
- Hire and manage summer playbill professional assistants’ schedule and duties.
- Art director and project manager for annual Gala materials, serve on Gala committee as marketing representative.
- Collaborate with Email Marketing Manager as needed for art direction on email campaigns for both the Education and Community Engagement department and the Development department.
- Collaborate with Social Media and Digital Coordinator as needed for art direction on social media campaigns for the Education and Community Engagement department and the Development department.
- Responsible for Broadway At Music Circus production photos, including selection of photos for publicity and promotional use, management of editing with graphic designer as needed, and the stakeholder approval process.
- Assist with copy editing and proofing marketing publications and materials as needed.
- Assist Director of Marketing & Publicity with oversight of company-wide adherence to brand guidelines, style and tone for all public-facing materials.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or a related field.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in creative direction and/or account management for an advertising agency or related field managing multi-faceted projects with multiple stakeholders and deadlines.
- Demonstrated supervisory and management experience, including experience collaborating with and managing a graphic designer.
- Demonstrated experience in written and verbal communication; proficiency in copy writing, copy editing, and proofing.
- Proficiency with Photoshop, Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated experience with Wrike or another project management software.
- COVID-19 vaccination is required: Accommodations for disability and religious-based reasons may be considered.
- Background in marketing and musical theater.
- Photography experience.
- Photo editing experience.
- Video editing experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
If you wish to apply for this position please carefully read and follow application instructions. All documents must be in Word or PDF format. Only complete applications will be considered. No phone calls please.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter via the form below. Open until filled.